Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

McCall, Idaho

I truthfully believe that time with family and the ones that we love most can cure anything.  This past weekend my dad and I got to go to his house in New Meadows, Idaho.  My dad, aside from my soon to be husband, is the one who understands me most.  He knows my thoughts even before I share them.  Our weekend together was just what we both needed and I am so glad that I had my camera there to capture the memories.

We were driving on a mountain road, when my dad pulled to this side and said, "I think this is it." I giggled slightly, because I was a little intimidated by the fact that he just pulled over and was guessing that this was the mountain face that we needed to climb up and over.   We grabbed our pack, full of the necessities- food, water, fly fishing rods, lighter, toilet paper (you laugh, but it's true), and a sidearm for protection.  Up the mountain we went...slowly. I was VERY out of shape.  Yikes.  But, like most races, the turtle does finish; and finish we did.  After we broke over the top of the mountain my dad's face lit up. I finally caught up to him only to look down on the most beautiful mountain lake I'd ever seen.  We hurried to the bottom and spent the next several hours fishing for Brook Trout.  As a storm was moving our way, we decided to hurry up and pick some huckleberries and then hike out.  It was such a beautiful hike, but the laughs we shared were the most beautiful part. I love moments like these.



































No comments:

Post a Comment